No vaccination card – No Entry
Our strict policy is to ensure the ultimate safety for all the cats staying at Coast Cattery.
- Vaccination cards must be shown at EACH arrival.
- We require ANNUAL boosters for cat flu which must be given at least 14 days prior to arrival.
- We will refuse entry if the vaccination is out of date or done too close to arrival.
- Kittens will only be admitted after BOTH their initial vaccination and follow up booster has been done.
- We request that all cats are routinely treated for fleas and worms prior to arrival, preferably more than 48 hours prior to arrival.
- If your cat(s) is found to have fleas and/or worms, then we will administer a suitable treatment the cost of which will be added to your bill.
- Your cat(s) will then be confined to their room until no live fleas/worms are evident.
Emergencies & Veterinary Treatment
- Coast Cattery will take reasonable steps to contact owners prior to veterinary visits, except in emergencies. Please leave a suitable emergency number with us when you drop off your cat.
- If deemed necessary, then veterinary treatment will be sought for your cat, the cost of which will be added to your final bill.
- We will try to use your usual vet, but we reserve the right to use a veterinary clinic of our choosing.
- Coast Cattery can take no liability for any loss, injury, illness, loss of condition or death of your cat which occurs during or after their visit to Coast Cattery
We are open for arrivals, departures, and visits to Coast Cattery at the following times:
|Monday||8 am – 11 am||4 pm – 6 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am – 11 am||4 pm – 6 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am – 11 am||Closed|
|Thursday||8 am – 11 am||4 pm – 6 pm|
|Friday||8 am – 11 am||4 pm – 6 pm|
|Saturday||8 am – 11 am||Closed|
|Sunday||8 am – 11 am||4 pm – 6 pm|
We are CLOSED for arrivals, departures, and visits on the following public holidays:
- Christmas Day & Boxing Day
- 1st and 2nd January
- Easter Sunday
Please note that there is a minimum charge equivalent to 4 days stay
- Boarding fees are charged per day, including the day of arrival and departure.
- Full boarding fees are payable on collection of your cat(s)
- We accept the following methods of payment
- Eftpos, cash, online banking or cheque.
- No credit card facilities
- Any additional costs incurred by us, such as flea treatments, veterinary treatments etc, are payable upon collection.
- The daily rate for all public holidays will be double the normal rate.
Starting in 2019 the following policies apply to bookings that include any date from the 20th December to 5th January.
- Bookings can be made at any time
- For bookings of 14 days or less a 100%, a non-refundable pre-payment is required at the time of booking.
- For bookings of 15 days or more, a non-refundable pre-payment of 14 days is required at the time of booking.
- These pre-payment policies do not apply to VIP’s who may make reasonable bookings, cancellations, changes to dates at any time without penalty.
- We reserve the right to charge the full boarding fees for bookings cancelled or shortened within 7 days of the arrival day.
- Altering the dates for a booking to a different period will still be treated as a cancellation and is subject to our cancellation policy. The new period will be treated as a new/separate booking.
- If you wish to pick-up your cat(s) before the end of the booked period, we reserve the right to charge for the whole booking. We allow pick-up 1 day early without penalty.
- If entry to the cattery is refused on the day of check-in because your cat(s) does not meet our vaccination requirements, then we reserve the right to charge the full boarding fees.
VIP status is strictly by invitation only and is offered to a small number of clients.
- No minimum charge
- The reduced rate will start for stays of 5 days or longer.
- Can cancel bookings at any time at zero cost.
- Will be placed first on any waiting lists.
Coast Cattery may use photographs and/or videos of your cat, along with the cat’s name on our Instagram account, Facebook page, as well as our website.
If you do not wish this to be done please tell us when you arrive with your cat.